Fish is a delicious dish! Besides the savory, delectable taste, the best thing about consuming fish is that it is one of the healthiest foods on earth. In fact, The American Heart Association advises that Americans should consume at least 2 servings of fish per week (heart.org). Fish is heart-healthy, which is why so many people incorporate fish as a part of their diet and doctors and nutritionists recommend it. Afterall, heart disease kills. So, why is eating fish so incredibly healthy?
Fish contains the protein, vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that your body needs. Some of the nutrients within fish are Omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamin D. Let’s explore some of the benefits of these power nutrients.
Omega-3 fatty acids:
- Lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Slows down the growth of plaque on your arteries.
- Helps support brain function.
- Is great for healthy brain and eye development in unborn babies and children.
- Slows the rate of the aging brain’s decline.
- Many people lack this nutrient and fish is an excellent source.
- Good for diabetes management.
- Boosts immune system.
- Promotes healthy bones.
- Great for lung and heart functions and health.
- Being deficient in Vitamin D can cause fatigue, back pain, hair loss, and overall low mood and energy.
Eating only one serving of fish per week, just one, can reduce your risk of heart attack. In addition, eating fish has been shown to help you lose weight and boost your mood. Why not improve your health and enjoy every bite? McGowan & Son carries fresh fish in Northwest Indiana that is quick and easy to prepare. For more information, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at: 219.299.2336.