Simple Savory Salmon and Asparagus Packets
- 5-7 fresh salmon fillets
- Lemon juice or lemon pepper
- 5-7 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 stick of butter divided for each fillet
- 2 lbs. of trimmed asparagus
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- Prepare an aluminum foil sheet for each fish packet.
- Pat your fresh salmon filets dry with paper towels.
- Arrange the salmon and asparagus in packets.
- Divide butter cubes on top evenly.
- Generously sprinkle lemon juice/powder, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Close foil packets, sealing the ends but allowing for extra space for heat to circulate.
- Put foil packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven (sealed side up) until salmon has cooked for about 12 minutes.
Enjoy this savory, healthy meal and the quick clean up!
Spicy Grilled Tilapia with Corn Salsa
- 5-7 fresh tilapia filets
- 4 tablespoons chile seasoning (less or more to kick up the heat)
- 4 tablespoons of lemon pepper seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
For the salsa:
- 1 diced avocado
- 1 small bag of frozen corn or 3-4 corn ears
- A diced cucumber
- Jalapeño slices from a jar, or fresh (adjust for your spicy preferences)
- ½ of a chopped onion (red or white)
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup of chopped cilantro
- Lemon or lime juice (optional)
- Salt to taste
· Heat grill or frying pan to a high heat. Oil it up.
· Pat your fresh tilapia filets dry with paper towels and coat with seasonings.
- Cook tilapia for about 3 minutes on each side.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the salsa by combining the feta cheese, avocado, tomato, corn, cucumber, jalapeño, onion, and cilantro. You can squeeze lemon juice or lime if you have it.
Serve with tilapia with the salsa on top.
Tropical Cauliflower Fish Tacos
- 5-7 fresh mahi mahi fillets
- 2 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning
- Flour or corn taco shells
For the cauliflower rice and salsa:
- 3 cups of chopped cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped mango
- ½ diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- Heat grill or frying pan to a high heat. Oil it up.
- Pat your fresh mahi mahi filets dry with paper towels and coat with seasonings.
- Cook Tilapia for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Chop cauliflower in a food processor until it looks like rice or unthaw store bought prechopped, rice cauliflower.
- Cook rice cauliflower in a separate pan in coconut oil. Sprinkle garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped mango, red onion, lime juice, and salt and pepper.
Assemble your taco and enjoy!
Remember, McGowan and Sons is your local fresh fish store, featuring the most delectable raw fish you available in the Region. We are passionate about flavor, nutrients, and helping our community live a happier, healthier life. For more recipes, information, or chef classes, fill out our contact us page or call 219.299.2336.